Braun Optik Imperial + 400 Lomo Col and a new book :)

Yes it's been a while (which is becoming a regular thing) but I wanted to share with you a camera I bought recently. It came in a box with about 30 other cameras, digital, 35mm & a bunch of box cameras.


The Braun Optik Imperial, it's nothing really special. Manufactured in Germany not long after the war, sometime in the early 50's I think.


As with most box cameras at this period it had the 2 view finders, 1 vertical the other horizontal. The Braun also has single shutter speed with a switch mode Z (Zeit-time mode) for long exposures a bit like bulb mode I suppose and M (Moment-instant mode)





It takes 6 x9 images. I currently have a roll of Lomo colour neg 120 in it, although there is some debate as to whether it is a 620 camera but as the 120 fitted snuggly (as you would expect) I'm going with that. 620 is a slightly different size.

Anyway I'm off to Wales in a bit so it's coming with me and we will see what we can get from an old metal box.

The other exciting news is I have a NEW book out


It's an overview of the many thousands of images I shot on the light project -many more can be seen here www.thelightproject.co.uk
It's a A5 sized zine 16 pages long full of colour images

It's available direct from me nineteen68@btinternet.com or on my Etsy store

Please go take a look, it's priced at just $6 plus shipping and is limited to just 50 copies.



I got the book printed with a company called Hello Print  and I can't speak highly enough of them. Other online printers Ive used have been ok but done nothing to check quality. Ive had a few emails from the company asking for minor tweaks and exporting the PDF in a slightly different format so they could product the best quality for me.  The communication has been excellent. 

Finally I wanted to share with you a band Ive followed for a while Bureaucrat & the Conspirators. They are very, no Extra Unique.

The track below is called "Again" and is from the "Highest floor( of the forest) album

http://freemusicarchive.org/music/Bureaucrat__The_Conspirators/

The music is avaialable on www.freemusicarchive.org





I'm getting shouted at now to get me rear in to gear so I will leave you here and have a wonderful bank holiday weekend. 

Popular Posts